Friday, February 17, 2012

The Friday Diary pt. 7

Happy Friday everyone!!
This has by far been the best week I have had in quite a while. 
So let's all have some Chocolate Vodka peanut butter milkshakes, and bust a recap. 
Yep. I said that. 

...

This week I've been loving this song:

Lonely Teardrops by Michael McDonald on Grooveshark

The guy's voice is just amazing.

...

On Saturday of this week I went to look for a new house. I looked at five total, and found the perfect one. And, I GOT IT. Knowing that my kids and I could finally move out of....well, the hood, was probably one of the best feelings I've had in a long time. It was up there with finding out I got my new job and would no longer be struggling to feed my kids, and keep this ghetto ass roof over their heads. And when I got that call, I cried.

...

Saturday night, The Mister and I celebrated our first Valentines day as an official couple. It was perfect. Everything I could've wanted in a Valentine, and more.

Oh, and we made these:


The aforementioned chocolate Vodka peanut butter milkshakes. 
How do you make them, you may ask?
Well, to be honest I'm not sure how you really make them, but this is how we made them:

Probably about 1 cup of Cupcake Vodka in the Devil's food flavor
A few scoops of peanut butter...honestly I have no idea how many we used...4 maybe?
A few more scoops of Vanilla Bean ice cream. Now this is important: it needs to be Vanilla Bean. Not French Vanilla, not Vanilla. Those kinds suck. Get the kind with the little specks in it. 
Ice....again not sure how much....just add some until it looks about right
Chocolate syrup if you fancy it. I did fancy it. 
Put all that shit in a blender and blend it. 
Pour it in two glasses and don't forget the bendy straws. 
Bill made sure he had a blue one and I had a pink one. He's sweet like that. 

...

So, do you remember back when I was a doula?
Well, if not, I was, and it was awesome and terrible at the same time. I mean, I loved the work I did when I actually felt like I helped someone. But a lot of the time I just felt like I was spending way too much time away from my kids for way too little money, and I needed to be an activist when that wasn't where my heart was. {activism, not birth. I love birth, hate activism}
I digress. 
Anyway, I found out Monday that the guy renting my house to me is married to a woman I did a doula consultation with {but didn't end up working with} last year. She was so sweet, and I remember her talking about how sweet and big hearted her husband was at our consultation. 
She was right, because he rented us the best house in the history of ever. 
What a small world.

...

All this week I have been packing...and procrastinating about really packing...and thinking about cleaning...and basically doing anything I can think of to get out of getting what I need to do done. It's bad. Seriously. 
There are just so many things I would rather do than pack. 
Like look at shit on Pinterest, or gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. 
Either way.

...

Speaking of Pinterest, I have already gotten all day dreamy about how I want to decorate the new house, and Pinterest really isn't helping...or is....depending how you look at it. 

Do I want a light blue bedroom with deep, dark furniture colors and blue, white and brown bedding?
Blue bedroom, dark wood

Or maybe a dark blue room with white and black furniture?

Dark blue bedroom

So many choices. 

Oh, and what I absolutely wouldn't do to turn Lainie's bedroom into this:

fairy bedroom

I don't know who would love it more, her or me.

...

Well, I really should get back to packing. 
And just throwing this out there, I would make a delicious 4 course meal for anyone who wanted to pack all my shit for me. Not even move it, just pack it. 

Happy Friday!!!





1 comment:

  1. chocolate vodka peanut butter milkshake -- sounds delicious!!! and aaah, i love all those bedrooms! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete